There are three of us. For now, at least. We watch Fringe.

We noticed that Walter Bishop has a strange and often amusing tendency to become fixated on a certain kind of food on the show. I'm not sure whose idea it was, exactly, but we decided that no matter what Walter's food was, we'd get together the next week and eat it while watching the show. Unless it involves bugs.

Check back every week for that episode's glyphs (have you broken the code yet?) and a hint of what we're doing the week after.


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blue Jigglers and the Contagious Cancer Guy


Last week's episode was more than just thin on the food front: there was none.  At all.  So we were forced to do with blue Jello Jigglers (in a nod to Walter's cure for Peter's disease, which was at least a liquid).  I also brought along some blue Gatorade; I'm not quite sure what it was supposed to taste like.  Antifreeze possibly.  (Kids, don't drink antifreeze.  You'll die.  Thanks.)

On to the episode: it was fairly X-Files-esque, with some guy wandering around looking sickly; when he touches somebody, they get sick very quickly and die.  And the guy looks better.  Fringe of course puts their own twist on it, tying it to Old Walter's science experiments involving children.  Inevitably, the guy comes looking for Olivia.  I was very relieved that he didn't touch her; I was concerned we'd have to watch her get all lumpy and gross before Walter found a cure for it by rummaging around someone's kitchen.  But no.  It did not happen.

Olivia also went to see Weird Bowling Guy, who to me will forever be the drug dealer who wore a Charles Manson shirt continuously in The Slums of Beverly Hills.  I like him, and he's a fine actor, but I just can't shake the image.

Walter mentioned taffy, so it's taffy next week.  He also mentioned espresso, which I don't like, and which is not a food, but I have been outvoted, so I'm at least going to sip at it next week while I wait for Walter to mention manicotti, or maybe cheesecake.

3 comments:

  1. I've gotta say, blue foods and drinks are always my favorite. They're just not found in nature and I find something so compelling about that. Way to think outside the box - I want to drink out of beakers now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju, if we do it again, you are totally invited.

    And yes, it will be decaf for sure -- I don't do any kind of caffeine and it'll be after 9pm. If it wasn't decaf I wouldn't sleep until some time the following week.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors